Amazingly delicious carrot cake 🥕
This carrot cake is delightfully spiced and filled with cozy autumn vibes. And you’ll never believe that it’s both Vegan, Gluten free and Oil-free 🥮🥕
If you make this recipe please tag me on Instagram @pieceofplants
I’d love to see your creations 😀
Crazy Good Carrot Cake
Vegan, Glutenfree, Oil-free Carrot Cake
- 85 grams buckwheat flour (0.6 cups)
- 75 grams brown rice flour (0.6 cups)
- 45 grams coconut sugar (0.3 cups)
- 45 grams brown sugar (0.3 cups)
- 100 grams apple sauce (0.4 cups)
- ½ lemon (juice and zest)
- 130 grams grated carrot (1.3 cups)
- 1.5 dl plant milk (0.6 cups)
- 50 grams chopped walnuts or hazelnuts (1.8 oz)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ⅓ tsp ground cardamom, ginger, cloves, nutmeg and salt
Cream Cheese Frosting (optional)
- 150 grams vegan cream cheese
- 2 tsp vanilla sugar (or ½ tsp vanilla powder)
- ½ tbsp agave syrup (or powdered sugar if you want it thicker)
- 1 tsp lemon zest
In a mixing bowl, add buckwheat flour, brown rice flour, baking powder, baking soda and spices. Mix well.
In another mixing bowl, add apple sauce, coconut sugar, brown sugar, lemon juice, finely grated lemon zest and mix well. Mix well and then add the plant milk and mix again.
Pour the applesauce mixture into the flour mixture and mix well.
Add grated carrot and chopped nuts and mix it well together.
Preheat the oven to 180C°/350F°.
Grease a 20 cm (8 inch) springform tin. I like to cut out a piece of parchment paper in the shape for the bottom of the tin and line the bottom of the tin and then grease to parchment paper in addition to greasing the sides for the tin.
Pour the dough into the tin. When the oven is heated, put the cake in the oven and bake it for 45 minutes.
Let it cool completely before cutting and serving.
Cream Chesse frosting
In a small mixing bowl, add all the ingredients and mix it well.
Keep it in the fridge until serving.
If you like raisins, you can add a handful of raisins to the cake batter when you add carrot and nuts.
This recipe is available both in English and Danish (click the flag below to switch language)