Easy and deliciously creamy wok. One of my go-to dinners!
SATAY SAUCE INGREDIENTS:
– 1 can coconut milk (400g/13.5 ounces)
– 1½ tbsp. soy sauce
– 3 tbsp. peanut butter
– 1 small onions
– 2-3 cloves of garlic
– ½-1 tsp. chili flakes
– 2 tbsp. coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
– 4-6 carrots (peeled and cut into thin sticks)
– 1 (sweet) red bell pepper (cut into thin slices)
– 0.5 cup (1 dl) edamame beans (frozen/shelled)
– 1 head of broccoli (cut into small florets)
Add coconut milk, peanut butter and soy sauce to a bowl and mix it well.
Add onion and garlic to a pan and sauté it for a couple of minutes. Add a little water to the pan if it starts to stick
Add chili flakes and coconut sugar and sauté for ½-1 minute so that the sugar caramelizes a little. Be careful that it doesn’t burn.
Pour the coconut mixture into the pan and let it thicken a little.
Transfer to satay sauce to a bowl and but the pan back on the stove.
Add carrots and broccoli to the pan and sauté it until the carrots starts to get a little soft (approx. 5 minutes)
Add the bell pepper and the edamame beans and sauté it until all the vegetables have the desired consistency.
Pour the satay sauce over the vegetables and let it all cook for a couple of minutes.
Serve with rice.