Sweet potato soup with carrots, garlic and ginger 🥣🥕 This creamy and cozy soup is perfect for a chilly autumn day 🧡
– 600g (21 oz) sweet potatoes
– 200g (7 oz) carrots
– 2 gloves of garlic
– 5 spring onions (only the white part, save the green part of topping)
– A small chunk of ginger
– 1.5 dl (2/3 cup) coconut milk
– 7 dl (3 cups) water
– 1 vegetable bouillon cube (or sub the water for vegetable broth)
Peel the sweet potatoes and carrots and cut them into small chunks. Add the chunks to a large pot.
Finely slice the white part of the spring onions (save the green part), finely chop the garlic and finely grate the ginger and add it all to the pot.
Sauté it all on medium-high heat for approx. 5 minutes.
Add the water and bouillon cube to the pot. Bring to a boil and then lower to a simmer. Let it simmer for 25-30 minutes until all the veggies are nice and soft.
Transfer the soup to a blender and blend until there are no chunks left.
Pour the soup back into the pot and heat it up.
Add the coconut milk to the soup and let it simmer for 2-5 minutes.
Add salt and pepper to taste and serve!
– Crunchy chickpeas: get the recipe here
– Toasted pumpkinseeds: simply toast pumpkinseeds on a dry pan until golden
– Spring onion: the green part leftover from the soup recipe