Colorful vietnamese inspired salad with rice noodles and edamame beans 🥗🍜
– 200g (7 oz) pointed cabbage (I used half red and half green pointed cabbage)
– 2 spring onions
– 100g (3.5 oz) shredded carrot
– 100g (3.5 oz) edamame beans (shelled)
– 2 tbsp. sesame seeds
– 100g (3.5 oz) rice noodles
– The juice of 1 lime
– 1 tbsp. soy sauce (tamari if gluten free)
– 2 tbsp. peanut butter (or almond butter)
– 1 tbsp. maple syrup
– 1 tbsp. water
– Spices: ½ tsp. ground ginger, ½ tsp. garlic powder, 1/4 tsp. ground coriander
Break the noodles into smaller pieces and cook them as instructed on the package.
When they are done cooking then drain them and rinse them with cold water. Let them drain while you chop the veggies.
Thinly slice the pointed cabbage and the spring onions.
Toast the sesame seeds on a dry pan for approx. 1-2 minutes until they are golden.
Add all the salad ingredients to a bowl and mix well (sliced pointed cabbage, spring onions, shredded carrot, edamame beans, toasted sesame seeds and cooked rice noodles)
Add all the dressing ingredients to a bowl and mix well.
Pour the dressing over the salad and mix it all together.
Serve the salad as a side dish or as a main meal. The salad only gets better if you let it sit for a while so it’s great for making in advance or bringing the leftovers for lunch 😉